Conditions of use
RULES OF MEMBERSHIP
GayGroups NZ is a non profit organisation that exists primarily to provide a contact point for gay men, lesbians, bi-sexuals and transgender people who wish to pursue a particular social and sport groups with like-minded individuals.
As a GGNZ member you agree to the following statements:
- You are over the age of 18 years.
- You are participate in GGNZ activities entirely at your own risk.
- GGNZ and its voluntary organisers cannot be held responsible for any injury and resultants loss that you might sustain while taking part in GGNZ activities.
- You will consult your GP or a qualified medical practitioner about any aspects of your health that might be incompatible with taking part in GGNZ sporting activities.
- GGNZ and its voluntary organisers cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to your property whilst taking part in GGNZ activities.
- Whilst taking part in GGNZ activities you will not act in any way that might bring the organisation into disrepute, and will respect the privacy and sexuality of other members.
- The event leaders and/or sport co-ordinators shall have authority to direct how and when activities are carried out, including cancelling, altering or postponing them for logistical or safety reasons.
- That the event leaders and/or sport co-ordinators shall have authority to direct you not to take any events if so doing might put your safety, or the safety of others at risk.
- In the event that you leave GGNZ or your membership is suspended or cancelled, or the organisation is wound up, you will not be entitled to any compensation or refund.
Under the Privacy Law GGNZ will use your personal information included on the membership form or submitted electronically as follows:
- Your data will be held in the GGNZ database both in the private directory of a secure on line server, and backed up on a personal computer belonging to a group co-ordinator. (whilst every effort is taken to keep personal details secure, GGNZ cannot be held responsible for any beaches of privacy of such information.)
- Your data will never knowingly be revealed to third parties.
- Your personal information will be used exclusively for the purposes of contacting members with relevant information about the organisation and for helping members get together to share their social/sporting interests.
- Your name will be published on line when you register for the event. This information will NOT be visible to public.
- We may take photographs or video films at events. You may be identifiable in these. We may use these on the website or in promotional displays, adverts, etc, so long they are not indecent, defamatory, or misleading. Your name will not be included in any such publicity without your permission.